January is School Board Recognition Month and Gunter ISD would love to celebrate and recognize the leadership for our administration and our district. We have some amazing individuals who have invested in our students through the gift of their time and dedication. Each trustee is a locally elected volunteer and they have committed to making sure our schools are successful and prepared. The GISD School Board meetings are generally held during the third week of each month at 6:00pm in the administration building. The January meeting is scheduled for January 22nd.
Please join Gunter ISD in celebrating our School Board and a very big THANK YOU to these 7 incredible leaders!
Gunter ISD School Board Members:
– Mr. Scott Meyerdirk, 4 Years on School Board, President
– Mr. Jeff Banks, 6 Years on School Board, Vice-President
– Mr. L.D. Byrd, 33 Years on School Board, Secretary
– Dr. Gary Harris, 14 Years on School Board
– Mr. John Jonas, 11 Years on School Board
– Mrs. Candy Leonard, 6 Years on School Board
– Mr. Steve Smith, 11 Years on School Board
On Wednesday, January 16th, Gunter ISD will begin accepting applications for School Board candidates for the May 4, 2019, Board of Trustees Election. The deadline for filing a place on the ballot is February 15, 2019 at 5:00pm. All school board positions are three-year terms and represent the entire district. Two board positions will be up for election this year:
- At-Large, currently held by L.D. Byrd
- At-Large, currently held by Candy Leonard
Candidate Packets can be picked up beginning January 14, 2019 at the Gunter ISD Administrative Building located at 213 North 8th Street here in Gunter.
Early voting will begin on April 22 and end on April 30. Election Day voting will be held from 7:00am – 7:00pm on Saturday, May 4, 2019 at First Baptist Church of Gunter. For additional elections information, please visit www.GunterISD.org or contact Stacy Watson, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent, by phone at 903-433-4750 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.